A diffuser is one of the best ways to enjoy the benefits of essential oils, while taking in the aromatic scent(s) of your choosing. Just using 3 or 4 drops of oil can bring you hours of enjoyment. With so many essential oils and blends to choose from, your options are endless. I have three diffusers that I could not image being without. I use two throughout my home and the third one is a travel diffuser that I use whenever I am traveling on business.
When you are looking to purchase an essential oil diffuser, below are 5 things you should consider:
1. Aesthetics: When it comes to looks and style, there are so many options available. Look for one that is visually appealing to you. Also consider where you will be using the diffuser and how best to fit in that environment.
2. Water & Capacity: If you will be using Essential Oils, you will want a diffuser that uses water. Cold water vapor maintains the oils’ quality and effectiveness. Second, consider the size of the water reservoir. The size of the reservoir will determine the total run-time. The larger, the better. There are many popular brands that hold 200ml or more, resulting in upwards to 8 hours.
3. Illumination: Color illumination can add an element of relaxation. A majority of diffusers rotate using various colors for which you have the options to set it to one color, auto rotate, or use no light at all. Having options provides flexibility based on your mood.
4. Time: How long the diffuser runs depends on the size of the water reservoir and mist output. A majority of diffusers run at least 4 hours, while some brands can exceed 8 or more. Consider what your maximum amount of time you would like your diffusers to run and select accordingly.
5. Capability: I would highly recommend having a unit that automatically shuts off when the water has evaporated. Second, if you plan on using citrus scented essential oils, review the manufacturer’s recommendations. There are several diffuser styles/brands that do not recommend the use of citrus essential oils. Third, there are brands available that allow you to control the mist output (full/high/low/intermittent) based on your preference. If you prefer to have the ability to adjust, verify details in the product description to ensure your preference.
As I noted above, I have three diffusers. My original diffuser was the ZAQ Dew Essential Diffuser. I have had this for a few years and absolutely love it! It is quiet very quiet and allows me to adjust the illuminations from rotate, to a single color or none at all. My experience has been that it runs 6 to 8 hours.
My second diffuser purchase was the ZAQ Mini Diffuser. This was purely for me to take on the road. This too is wonderful. I use it regularly in my hotel rooms to give a calm and soothing scent to help me sleep.
The third one, I recently got several months ago called Innogear Essential Oil Diffuser & Humidifier. As with the other two, I am incredibly happy with this diffuser. This one has a slightly larger water reservoir, resulting in run time averaging eight hours or more. This diffuser provides a continuous and intermittent mist option.
If you are in the market for an essential oil diffuser, I would highly recommend any of the three diffusers noted above. I have been so happy with the products that I have purchased additional ones and given them as gifts.