Toasted Coconut Macaroon are one of my favorite treats. These coconutty concoction is so simple to make, uses few ingredients and is naturally Gluten Free.
Ingredients you will need:
• 4 large egg whites
• 3 cups shredded coconut, sweetened
• ½ cup sugar or coconut sugar**
• 1 tsp Vanilla
• ¼ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Evenly spread out the coconut onto a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes or until it starts to toast. Let cool for about 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Combine egg whites, sugar, salt and vanilla with a wisk until it is fully mixed and frothy.
4. Add the coconut and mix thoroughly.
5. Place a silicone mat or parchment paper on the baking sheet.
6. Use a teaspoon to make the mixture into small to medium balls. If using hands to shape, wet your hands to keep the mixture from sticking.
7. Bake for 15 – 18 minutes or until they have reached the desired toasting and coloring.
** I used Organic Coconut Sugar (pure & unrefined)