I discovered my all-time favorite tropical drink while on vacation a few years back. Have you ever heard of a Melon Chi Chi? It’s a colada base drink with a taste of melon. If you want a cool refreshing taste that brings the joy of breezy palms and the beach, try this recipe and transport yourself to the beauty of a tropical island.
In order to make a Melon Chi Chi you will need the following:
Equipment needed: A blender or Mixer
– 2 oz of Vodka
– 6 to 7 oz of Pina Cola Mixer (Coconut Cream juice/pineapple)
– 4 tbps of Midori Melon Liqueur
– Ice Cubes (@ 3 cups)
– Pineapples (slices)
– Pour Vodka, Pina Colada Mixer, Midori Melon Liqueur and Ice Cubes into a blender.
– Puree for 1 ½ to 2 minutes, until to desired consistency.
– Pour into a glass and garnish with Pineapple slice, cherries, parasol, as to your preferences.
This is a sweet drink. The Pina Cola Mixer is where the sweetness comes from. Adjust according to preferences.
Try it out. Enjoy!