During the month of December, we are posting some of our favorite Christmas treats. Cookies are my favorite so I will post a cookie recipe on Tuesdays this month.
This week it’s White Chocolate Macadamia cookies. They are so sweet and melt in your mouth. I found this recipe on Food.com (by Recipe Love) and it’s fabulous.
If you’re pressed for time, Betty Crocker makes a great pre-made dough. It’s located in the refrigerated section of the grocery store.
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
½ cup white sugar
1 cup salted butter
2 large eggs
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2) Combine flour, soda and salt. Mix well and set aside.
3) In a large bowl, mix sugars with a mixer at medium speed.
4) Add butter until it forms a grainy paste.
5) Add eggs and vanilla and beat at medium speed until completely combined.
6) Add flour mixture, macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips. Blend until combined but don’t over mix.
7) Drop rounded spoonsful onto ungreased cookie sheets
8) Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until edges start to brown.