Looking forward to making 2017 the year for YOU? Looking to be happier and healthier? Here are some easy tips to improve your health and well-being. Start your New Year off on the right foot by trying the following ideas!
1. Drink more water. Water is calorie and sugar-free and helps hydrate your skin.
2. Meditate. Start off by sitting somewhere quiet and focus on your breathing for 10 minutes. Incredible benefits range from stress reduction, slowing the aging process, improves concentration, and much more.
3. Get up and move. Do or add 10 minutes of activity and exercise to your day. Use part of your lunch break to take a walk, Yoga or Tai-Chi (low-impact).
4. Get more sleep. Go to bed 15 minutes earlier. Keep it up throughout the year.
5. Commit to a stress-relieving activity per-day. Find a hobby, mediate or spend time enjoying nature.
6. Digital detox. Take some dedicated time away from your technology (cell phone, computer, tablet) gadgets.
7. Be present and appreciate the time spent with family and friends. Relax, laugh, have some fun.
8. Improve oral hygiene by oil pulling. This is a fantastic oral detoxification practice that removes toxins from the mouth and contributes to reduction of cavities and disease.
9. Add an extra fruit or vegetable to you meals.
10. Control your portions. Managing your portions is necessary for healthy eating and weight management.
11. Review and reorganize your kitchen. Go through what you have. Place healthy foods at eye level. Have fruits easily accessible. Include vegetables with every meal. Get rid of foods that are too tempting or unhealthy.
12. Reduce exposure to chemicals and toxins. Learn about the different chemicals and toxins in our cleaning and food supplies and try to reduce your exposure. Try organic and natural products, including essential oils
13. Treat yourself. Everyone benefits from some pampering. Treat yourself to a massage, facial or pedicure.
14. Learn to say “No”. When asked to do something, do not feel guilty by not committing yourself to something you do not want to do or have time to do.
15. Declutter and simplify. Clutter creates mental, emotional, physical and spiritual stress and frustration. When eliminating the clutter, you reduce stress, have better focus and clarity, have feel lighter.
Make 2017 your best year! Start today.